If you want your vehicle to stand out from the crowd then Phoenix vehicle decals can be a great option. There are literally hundreds of off the shelf designs you can purchase or, for the really customized touch you can work with a designer to come up with your own unique designs which a car wrapping service can then easily print for you.
A professional wrapping company will also install them for you too – for a price of course. However, they are relatively easy for you to install yourself with this handy guide.
- Clean – Make sure that the area you intend to install the decal is absolutely clean. Any dirt or dust on the paint surface is going to result in bubbles and wrinkles on the installed decal – not what you want to see! Even a dead bug on the paintwork is going end up as a big, unsightly lump under your decal. Use mineral spirits or alcohol to remove any traces of wax.
- Position – Place your decal onto the car surface where you think you want it to be and hold it there with tape or magnets. It goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway – at this stage, do not remove the adhesive backing! You are just getting the placement right at this stage. When you are happy, mark the decals position with more tape or a grease pencil.
- When you’re happy, remove the decal and spray the surface with a wetting agent – this will help with repositioning if required.
- Peel & Place – Peel away the backing film and carefully place the decal onto the vehicle bodywork so it matches the marks you made earlier. If you need to reposition slightly, this should be straight forward if the surface is wet as recommended in the earlier step.
- Remove Film – When you are certain the decal has been placed exactly right, careful remove the transparent transfer film from the decal surface.
- Finish – Finally, trim around any obstructions and over any seams with a razor blade – being extremely careful of the paint! If you notice any bubbles, carefully prick them with needle or pin and carefully smooth down with a microfiber cloth.
And congratulations, you’ve installed your very own vehicle decals!